GET YOURSELF SOME ACE GLASSES

From top to bottom; phoebe in misty mauve, alfred in chocolate havana fad, nina in autumn leaves, finn in espresso gradient. Wearing; alfred, finn, nina
You may or may not know that I am blind as a bat (as in short sighted blind), I tend to only wear my glasses to see the board during my school years and currently in uni. At other times, I am completely hopeless and rely on everyone else around me to guide me through coffee shop chalkboard menus (if in doubt, flat white though). Now cue the judgement.. until last week I hadn't had my eyes checked in 5 years.. YES I know it's horrendous, it's so easy to just book an appointment yet I've been putting it off for the longest time until I've realised wow MAYBE it's time to get these peepers checked. Obviously my eye sight did get a little worse especially in my left eye but it wasn't as bad as I expected and the health of my eyes are still tip top, no dreaded glaucoma diagnosis!

I'd been eyeing up a pair of Ace & Tate glasses (pun not intended) for a while as well as wanting to try out contacts which was the final push in booking that appointment. I do like my current pair of Ray Ban frames but after 5 years, it is time for a change. I thought I'd have a go at Ace & Tate's try on at home service (which is a free service BTW), you choose 4 frames eligible within the service and they send it to you free of charge to try for 5 days and then you just send it back with the included pre-paid postage label! It's a great service especially when not everyone lives in london to be able to just pop into Ace & Tate to physically try on a pair of glasses and pictures never really give an accurate representation. I didn't have much hopes for the frames I chose since I was keen on a completely clear framed pair (wasn't available for home try on) but after trying on finn, I'm kinda undecided?! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment