I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT LEOPARD PRINT

This may be the second leopard print skirt I own and it's all for a good cause for the sake of fashion. I bought this piece during the peak of it's popularity from a boutique store in Hong Kong for a tenner while you lot were pining over a certain sold out silk leopard print skirt. Did I mention this was a tenner? Basically the same price as an all over boob mug from UO except you can't flaunt it while side stepping on the central line platform during rush hour. 

I just LOVE wearing leopard print, the neutral tones of the beige amongst the dark brown and black spots really diverts the eye from the rest of the outfit. I don't know about you but I've seen this non- neutral neutral print all over my Instagram feed featured by bloggers and fashion industry experts alike, so much that I had began subconsciously pulling up different tops from my wardrobe and thinking how a silk leopard skirt would ultimately complete my look. There are literally no ends as to where or when you can wear leopard print (okay. New game. Shot for every time I've mentioned the word leopard in this post). 
What do you wear for an interview? leopard print
Want to stand out on the first day of uni? leopard print
First date? leopard print
 I think you understand where I'm going with this. The only occasion where I felt awkward was when a guy approached me and out of the blue, introduced himself and then proceeded to ask whether I had travelled to Africa to kill the animals I was wearing. Picture the shock horror on my face when I tell you that what I was wearing that day was a leather jacket and a leopard print dress.  I was taken aback from his comment and numerous thoughts raced through my mind, number one being 'omg is he part of an animal protest group?! Am I going to be named and shamed on Facebook for wearing leather and being associated with an animal print?'. I found out eventually it was just his way of chatting me up in the middle of covent garden. Strange encounter nonetheless and one that has become a great story to tell. 
t- shirt, zara/ boots, dr martens/ belt, äland HK (similar here*)/ necklace, monica vinader*



0 comments:

Post a Comment